HospiceWits provides care and support to the communities within the Johannesburg Metropolitan District, primarily Johannesburg and Soweto.
Palliative care is the holistic care of someone diagnosed with a terminal illness. It includes pain management and symptom control, psychological, emotional and spiritual counselling and is offered to any and all whether or not they are able to pay. Our support extends to the family and friends of patients. Our values of dignity, integrity and respect inform everything we do and we strive to provide palliative care that is world class…..We are compassionate, sympathetic and supportive - we care.
Come and support HospiceWits at one of our fundraising events, join us on FaceBook - HospiceWits & Twitter - HospiceWits or check out our CALENDAR
Mapetla Crèche is provided for the 2-6 year old orphans and vulnerable children of HospiceWits' sick and sometimes deceased patients. The children are providedd with transport to and from school, meals and a pre-school program in preparation for primary school.
HospiceWits is dedicated to encouraging people with terminal illnesses to live the journey of their life to the fullest.
How WE can help YOU
- Home Based Care (Hospice at home)
- The In Patient Unit - Houghton (10 adult / 2 frail care beds)
- Soweto Hospice (16 adult / 10 paediatric bed palliative ward)
- Centre for Palliative Learning (Training)
- Patient and Family Counselling
- Loan of Equipment (Wheelchairs, Commodes, Crutches etc.)
- AIDS and OrphanCare - Mapetla, Soweto
- HospiceWits Shops
- Day Care for patients at our Diepkloof facility
How YOU can help US